Whatever your skill set is or wherever your heart is called, there is a place for you as a volunteer with the DRC.
The DRC offers a variety of volunteer opportunities for individuals or groups, such as:
- Assist with efforts at Permanent Supportive Housing apartment complexes such as planting shrubbery or setting up new apartments
- Assist with regular efforts such as food bank days at Permanent Supportive Housing apartment complexes
- Assist with client activities such as holiday parties at Permanent Supportive Housing apartment complexes
- Assist at DRC fundraising events such as Breakfast with the Mayor
- Assist at informational events where the DRC hosts a table and help spread the word about what we do
- Assist at the DRC office with tasks such as filing or data entry
- Assist at the Flag Building at the front desk, answering the telephone and greeting guests
- Assist with drives to collect general items needed by clients such as bug off and sunscreen in the summer, or coats and gloves in the winter
- Assist with locating specific items needed by specific clients like furniture or household goods
Requirements to Volunteer
- Volunteers must be age 18 or older to volunteer unaccompanied.
- Volunteers age 16 to 17 may volunteer if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Children 15 and under are not allowed to volunteer directly due to insurance purposes, even if accompanied by an adult. We are unable to make exceptions to this policy.
If you have children age 15 or under who would like to do a project to help the DRC, please email us at email@example.com. Young people can use their enthusiasm and care to organize and execute drives for needed items.
- All volunteers must sign and return a volunteer liability waiver each calendar year. No exceptions.
If you would like to volunteer with the DRC, please fill out the Volunteer Interest Form. The DRC Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch!
If your group is interested in volunteering with the DRC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what type of work you’d like to do and a day/time. Our Volunteer Coordinator is happy to speak with you about appropriate opportunities and activities for groups.